Thursday, March 8, 2012

Tough Days.

Some days are tough. Sometimes it's hard to find gratitude or comfort in anything... Today is one of those days. Tough.

But that's ok... I will still consider it a success that today is the exception and not the norm.

Tomorrow is my Mom's birthday. Though I fully believe that it is a day worthy of a wonderful celebration, I can't seem to shake the feeling of despair and sorrow. It just seems cruel. And what's worse? I can't remember what we did for her birthday last year. Could it have gone unnoticed and uncelebrated? That makes me sad all over again. It's hard to not harp on those wasted moments now. But I have to let the past be the keeper of memories and not the demon of regret.

So now, I take deep breathes and focus on the sunshine and making it through today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!