Friday, March 16, 2012

Stay at home mom for a day!

I got an early morning text today that our babysitter couldn't come into work. Her son was sick and she needed to take him to the doctor. While my initial reaction was frustration, I quickly came around to realize that this could be an unexpected fun day with my kids! 

Nick and I have a rule when it comes to these types of issues - we take turns and divide our time away from work evenly. We've agreed that neither of our job is more or less important than the other. Of course, we have to be flexible depending on what's happening at work for each of us. But for the most part, we're a 50/50 team. I appreciate this and often hope that our employers do too. This time it worked out that I took the morning off and nick took the afternoon. 

So I decided to take the kids to the American Museum of Natural History where nick could easily meet us and I could scoot back to work! 

We had so much fun! 
We spent most of our time exploring the Asian and African Mammals.
We are members at the museum, so we try and explore a new exhibit each time to keep it exciting.
Jack is fascinated by the animals and we had a great time walking around and checking things out. 
I snapped a few pics on my iPhone, though they're a bit dark!



It was a fun day and I was grateful for both an unexpected, fun day and a partner who respects and values my job as much as I do his.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!