Thursday, March 1, 2012

Couch to 5k

I'm going to do it!

A 5k.

There, I said it.

Now comes the doing it...

I have promised a friend that I will run a 5k with her on April 28th. I am actually excited about it. I'm just not excited about the part when I go out for a "run" and get exhausted after 4 minutes and have to play through for 20 more and pretend it's not torture. But I'm going to do it. Even if I decide that I don't ever want to do it again. I'm going to at least try! What kind of a role model would I be if I didn't try something new once in a while, right?!

And today, a friend at work introduced me to the couch to 5k app for my iPhone. It's a sign. He didn't know that I was planning to start this project, but he's training for a run the next day! Apparently this app links to Facebook too, so we can support each other. I love technology!

I figure that if I put it on the internet, then I have to do it. This is me holding myself accountable. I'm going to start... soon! ;)

2 comments:

  1. I hereby offer to go out with you for a run/walk! You just let me know when!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the couch to 5K and ran 1 race before I got pregnant with Brooke. One of these days I'll do it again... Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!