Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Work.

Today I am grateful for my job and the people that I work with everyday. They are friends as well as colleagues and I am lucky to spend my days with them.

They also love my kids, which is so amazing. But what's really amazing, is that they don't just say that they love my kids in that "of course, we love your kids" kind of way. They like ask me to bring them to work events. They ask to babysit. They get genuinely excited when Nick brings them by for a visit. It's ridiculously sweet, cute and thoughtful. It makes being a working mom a gazillion times easier and better!

(My dear friend & colleague, Sion with J - who absolutely ADORES him!)
Photo taken by my other dear friend and colleague, Kelly. 

I'm also grateful for the students that I work with. They are smart and focused. Dedicated and hardworking. Not to mention über talented. But they are also thoughtful. Today a student came to my office, just to share good news. It made my day! I like to think that there are a lot of people who work with teenagers who think that they are annoying and sassy and apathetic. Though I've had those thoughts on occasion, I am really lucky to work with amazing kids.

So overall, today I'm thankful for my job. It's fun. It challenges me. It gives me balance. And it let's me spend my days surrounded by thoughtful, incredible people.

Jealous yet? ;)

1 comment:

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!