Thursday, February 16, 2012

Off color humor.

I work in education. 

I have spent years studying, learning about and advocating for student needs... LGBT issues, diversity, mental health, civility. Honestly, it's my passion and what I love to do. But now and again, I can really appreciate some off color humor. Once in a while, we all just need to laugh - especially about our work! 

Today, we had a good, hard laugh about jumping out the window.
We were totally overwhelmed by our to-do lists and timelines that when we sat down to map out "action steps" we decided that step #1 was to open window, #2 climb onto roof below and #3 jump. Not funny. But really, really funny in that moment.

I realize that when I say this, it sounds bad and so inappropriate. But that's the thing about off color humor... It's off color. 
 But it's hysterical! ;)

I'm thankful for moments when we can laugh at things that aren't funny, just because we need to laugh! 

(And just for the record, I am not at all suicidal. If I were, I know where to get help. I have FAR too much to live for to ever consider the alternative.)

And now the eductor in me wants to do this...
If you are suicidal or depressed, please get help. NOW. Call a friend, a loved one, the police, your doctor... just call someone. Life is hard, but it is also sacred. It's worth living, I promise.

OK, now we can laugh again! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Listen up, you two ain't leaving me behind! Windows will promptly be bolted shut ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!