Thursday, May 3, 2012

Walk for Bladder Cancer


On Saturday, May 5th I will walk for Bladder Cancer Awareness along with my family and friends to honor the legacy of my incredible mother. The walk supports the Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network. It is the second year that BCAN has done a Walk for Bladder Cancer and the first that that there's been one on Long Island - my family actually organized the walk in honor of Mom. Without the hard work of my amazing sister, this wouldn't have been possible! (Jen, you are truly amazing! I love you!)


I walk with hope that others will not have to know my pain. I believe that awareness is the best tool for survival. Every day that I miss my Mom is a day that I commit myself to making sure that she was not taken in vein. Right now, that means fundraising. 

I have been completely floored and overwhelmed by the response that I've received from my friends and family. So far, I have raised $950! I am so grateful to have a network of people around me who are so willing to show support - both with love & prayers and financially by supporting my fundraising efforts. It's just another reminder that I have much to be grateful for.

Mommy, I hope that you're proud of the work that we're doing. Scratch that. I know that you're proud. What I hope is that it helps...

If you'd like to support me, you can find my fundraising page here. If you would like to walk with Team Long Island the details are on my page - you can just show up and register upon your arrival! To find a walk near you, click here.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!